Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default New 3D Metal Printer

On Tue, 3 Dec 2013 23:02:38 -0500, "Jim Wilkins"
wrote:

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
.. .
http://tinyurl.com/kt6hn7e

Michigan Technological University is putting out plans for what
appears to be a MIG printer. g Check it out. Looks IFFY to me,
but I hope it grows. It's entirely Open Sourced.

I tried freehand TIG "printing" once, actually additive sculpture.
Other than being limited to details of at least the puddle size it
went pretty well.
jsw

MIG wire can be had in many..many sizes types and diameters.

Thats actually a pretty damned good idea using mig. Very good idea

--
"Owning a sailboat is like marrying a nymphomaniac. You don’t want to do that
but it is great if your best friend does. That way you get all the benefits without any of the upkeep"

---