Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default My boat is ready to go in the water

On Tue, 03 Dec 2013 16:43:16 -0600, Richard
wrote:

Something to think about, Gunner.
Adding "cabinetry" to a very light boat like the Venture is something I
would not do. And I LOVE making things for my boats.

I say that because it adds dead weight to the boat,
takes up interior space, and _can_ turn out to be
more in the way that useful.

Go slow and minimal for best results.

Marine plywood may not be necessary.
I've used a lot of baltic birch with good results
BECAUSE I use the West System system.
Three coats of resin to completely seal the wood.

It's not an extra expense for cheap wood because you really
need to do the same treatment to marine plywood too to keep
it from wicking up water.

But whichever wood you use, I strongly recommend that there
be no exposed end grain plywood. At bare minimum seal the
ends with epoxy. Better yet is to add solid wood stoppers
(also sealed with epoxy )

Well anyway...

At least you are right-side-up in both of them.

I'm still looking for a Capri 22.
Looks like that's going to be a bit more expensive.

http://austin.craigslist.org/boa/4226564423.html

21' Calkins trailer for sale or trade - $400 (NW Austin)
© craigslist - Map data © OpenStreetMap
80's 21' Calkins sailboat trailer for sale or trade. It's in decent
shape, fully operable, carried a 1200 lb sailboat no problem. Needs
repaint, I have the title. I'm looking for a smaller boat trailer for
a 12' outboard power boat, less than 500 lbs capacity needed. Trailer
is in NW Austin, near Parmer and Mopac.

--
"Owning a sailboat is like marrying a nymphomaniac. You don’t want to do that
but it is great if your best friend does. That way you get all the benefits without any of the upkeep"

---