Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
John B.[_3_] John B.[_3_] is offline

Default Wage Strikes Planned at Fast-Food Outlets

On Tue, 03 Dec 2013 08:54:01 -0600, Ignoramus19407
wrote:

My prediction: in 15 years, the average number of employees at a
McDonalds fast food restaurant will be between 1 and 2. Everything
else will be automated. There is no reason to have so many people
there working.

In Singapore McDonalds hires retired people and has variable shifts so
that they can pretty much work when they want to. I talked to one
elderly woman working on the counter and she told me that she was
retired and really liked McDonalds as they let her work 4 hours a day,
3 days a week.

Singapore has no minimum wage law and I suppose that these old people
were paid less than someone supporting a family but the point is that
they liked to work there and appeared to be happy with the pay.
--
Cheers,

John B.