Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Ford Ranger won't start

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
news
On Tue, 3 Dec 2013 12:40:42 -0500, "Jim Wilkins"
wrote:

FWIW, the tank on my 4WD 91 rests on a steel skidplate. The pump is
suspended from a large round hatch in the top.

And hopefully accessible from the top, through the body.

Undo 6 T55 bed bolts,
http://www.therangerstation.com/tech...es/rearbed.jpg
remove the tailgate and unplug the taillight connector behind the
bumper, remove the filler neck screws, place the 2x6 with the centered
lift eye between the side walls over the wheel wells, roll up the shop
crane and hoist the bed right off.

IIRC two guys can lift it off, certainly four. I've turned mine over
by myself to do rust repairs. They are a little fussy to reinstall but
nothing like the Chevy 350 we struggled to put in yesterday.
jsw