Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Richard[_9_] Richard[_9_] is offline

Default My boat is ready to go in the water

On 12/3/2013 8:00 PM, Larry Jaques wrote:
On Tue, 03 Dec 2013 17:10:12 -0800, Gunner
wrote:

On Tue, 03 Dec 2013 16:43:16 -0600,
wrote:

Something to think about, Gunner.
Adding "cabinetry" to a very light boat like the Venture is something I
would not do. And I LOVE making things for my boats.

I say that because it adds dead weight to the boat,
takes up interior space, and _can_ turn out to be
more in the way that useful.

Go slow and minimal for best results.

what..this may be a bit much?

http://macgregoryachts.com/search-details.cfm?y=94949

It seems they're using a slightly larger dinghy than you for their
basic boat, bubba. You'll never get a queen size bed, let alone that
kitchen setup, in a 24.giggle

Marine plywood may not be necessary.
I've used a lot of baltic birch with good results
BECAUSE I use the West System system.
Three coats of resin to completely seal the wood.

Baltic Birch is bitchen, boy.

Baltic Birch is wonderful to work with.
But it is more susceptible to rot.
Hence the epoxy seal...