Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Wage Strikes Planned at Fast-Food Outlets

On Tuesday, December 3, 2013 7:40:32 PM UTC-5, F. George McDuffee wrote:

The entire point of my post is that we are already paying

15$/hr (or more). The employer pays part, and the rest is

paid by local, state and federal taxes in the form of SNAP,

Mediaid, subsidized housing, etc.

But people are employed. The alternative is to not have people work and pay all of the costs from local , state , and federal taxes.

Thus it would seem that both the progressives and neo-cons

should be in favor of forcing labor (and many other) costs

back on to the company books, albeit for different reasons.

The worst person to lie to is yourself...

You are lying to yourself when you think that raising the minimum wage will reduce the cost to society. It will raise the cost to society by reducing the number of workers.
Dan