Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default My boat is ready to go in the water

On Tue, 03 Dec 2013 07:44:54 -0800, jazzbeaux crimefighters@world
wrote:

On 12/2/2013 5:11 PM, Gunner Asch wrote:
Finished the refurbishment of the Ensenada 20 this morning

https://picasaweb.google.com/1040422...54671013202642

https://picasaweb.google.com/1040422...02/Ensenada20#

It only took 2.5 months..but I had to do other stuff along the way.

Late this afternoon..I moved the next refurb into the work area...

This one..gets a full custom cabin and lots of little tweeks and mods

https://picasaweb.google.com/1040422...2602/Venture24

Only you would spend 80+ hours refurbishing a boat that you could sell
for $1800 at most. And it still looks like a nest of badgers has been
sleeping in it.

Humm? Ive got bout 10 hours in it, here and there. Maybe 12..

80+? Oh...I didnt notice who you were. Sorry..its early yet and I
didnt catch the stench of your nym changing buffoonery. Morning sinus
issues.

What the **** gives you the idea I refurbed it for resale? I
refurbed it to sail.

My total cost was about $250. Quart and a half of fiberglass
resin, fiberglass cloth, teak oil, paint, all new lines (Spectra) and
4 good Harken blocks. Bought a Apelco marine vhf radio and good used
deep cycle marine battery , two good used tires for the trailer, 2 new
taillights from HF and (2) 2x6 x10 douglas fire planks for the
bunkers. Bought the cleaning supplies from the 99c store as well as
the paint brushes. I have 3 gallons of 2 cycle oil for the outboard
and the new hoses cost me $3.27

The Venture 24 is going to be the expensive one..Im designing and
building custome cabinetry. Its going to be a vacation boat. What
with the price of marine plywood...it may cost me up to $500.
Gonna gut it and rebuild from the bilge upwards. Since I paid about
$75 for the boat and trailer and 9.9 long shaft Seamaster outboard, 5
bags of sails, a ton of misc accessories...I think I can do a fair
amount and remain under budget....dont you?

Snicker

You are one of those that calls in the plumber, the electrician and
the lawn care guy..arent you? Of course you are.

Gunner

I did mention that Ive got $75 in the boat ..thats what I paid for it.
--
"Owning a sailboat is like marrying a nymphomaniac. You don’t want to do that
but it is great if your best friend does. That way you get all the benefits without any of the upkeep"

---