Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default A wet disk tile cutter for the price of a basic dry cutter?

On 03/12/2013 17:21, Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Tue, 03 Dec 2013 11:00:25 +0000, John Rumm wrote:

http://www.toolstation.com/shop/Pain...ling+Tools/QEP
+Diamond+Wheel+Wet+Tile+Cutter+450W/d150/sd3286/p10565

None really, its about the going price for a small machine.

Looks like a "modernised" version of the old smaller Plasplugs
machine. Indeed it looks remarkably similar to the current Plasplugs
models...

Yup, looks much the same as the plasplugs one I have.

Perfectly fine for most tile work undoubtly slower than scratch 'n
pray but you can do things that with scatch 'n pray would be
impossible or very tricky. Like taking a 10 mm tapering to 5 mm bit
of the edge of a tile. And as others have said freehand cutting to
cut out a slot or center area.

No need for this to be an either / or situation. I tend to use both for
most tiling jobs. Score and snap for the easy straight cuts cos its
quick and mess free, and the wheel for anything more complicated like
cutouts and narrow rips etc.

Use it outdoors as even with the guard it'll still spray mucky water
quite a distance.

I also find the more use use it between water changes, the messier it
gets. (i.e. it starts spraying cleanish water, and ends up throwing tile
biscuit soup!

--
Cheers,

John.