Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Ford Ranger won't start

On Tuesday, December 3, 2013 3:56:21 AM UTC-8, RogerN wrote:
I have a 2001 Ford Ranger with the 4.0 V6 4X4. It hasn't been driven very

much but we try to start it and drive it some, it's mostly a backup when

another vehicle needs service or when we need a truck.

Recently the battery went bad, replaced it last weekend.

Now it cranks over without trying to start. I shot starting fluid in the

breather, it starts and runs a few seconds, then quits, so I'm guessing it's

not getting fuel.

I plan to check for power to fuel pump as my next step. Any other ideas?

If the anti-theft cut off fuel if the key code reader wasn't working

correctly?

RogerN

Sounds like a fuel pump problem to me.