Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default My boat is ready to go in the water

On Mon, 02 Dec 2013 22:09:13 -0600, Richard
wrote:

On 12/2/2013 7:11 PM, Gunner Asch wrote:
Finished the refurbishment of the Ensenada 20 this morning

https://picasaweb.google.com/1040422...54671013202642

https://picasaweb.google.com/1040422...02/Ensenada20#

It only took 2.5 months..but I had to do other stuff along the way.

Late this afternoon..I moved the next refurb into the work area...

This one..gets a full custom cabin and lots of little tweeks and mods

https://picasaweb.google.com/1040422...2602/Venture24

--
"Owning a sailboat is like marrying a nymphomaniac. You don’t want to do that
but it is great if your best friend does. That way you get all the benefits without any of the upkeep"

---

Looks pretty good, Gunner.
If the sails shape as well, you are going to be ok.

The original jib and main are about 35 yrs old...but still pocket
properly. I suspect the boat didnt get much time before I wound up
with it. Both sails are very light and not coated..about 5oz dacron.
I picked up an 150% genoa from a gal in Wisconson for $25 and $24
shipping..she had a good sail locker from a Balboa 20..same rig..but I
only wanted the genny and she sent it to me. A nearly new sail! Great
genny with good material..bout 8 oz and coated. The sail bag it came
in said "genoa, Balboa 20, # 666" ...which did give me something of a
twinge..but its a damned nice genny and since much of our wind is
lightish...will be greatly needed.

The V24 has 5 bags of sails and Ive not spread them out yet..though I
did notice one was marked "storm jib". Its been rigged for a
chute..but dont know if there is one in there or not. Next weekend Ill
lay out my sails and see what Ive got.

The Ensenada 20 is considered a slow but very very stable boat with
very little heel even in good gusts. I hope the genny makes up for it
and Im looking for a chute for it as well.

I know going into it..that the Venture 24 is considered tender and I
will be working the main a lot.

Gunner