Posted to rec.antiques.radio+phono,rec.audio.pro,sci.electronics.repair
dave dave is offline

Default beware of the updates you install

On 12/02/2013 04:50 AM, William Sommerwerck wrote:
"Trevor" wrote in message ...
"dave" wrote in message

support. Sure, Windows solutions are out there, but they involve
passwords and key codes and expiration dates and all manner of
distrust and I don't need any more of that. I do this for fun.

Rubbish, the same user groups support is available for Windows as
for Linux. I've used Windows since 3.0 and never once contacted
Microsoft, but I do appreciate their online knowledgebase.

Agreed. You can almost find an answer with a Google search. However, the
"official" help from Microsoft in these groups is sometimes terrible,
with the helper offering trivial solutions that the questioner has
almost always tried.

Who uses Google? Why?

Try duckduckgo.com