Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Mobile phone dissasembly - Samsung Galaxy S2

After serious thinking Tim Watts wrote :
Actualy DIY question -

I'm replacing this component in SWMBO's S2 as it will not charge (except
very occasionally)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/boobs/190821532387

I already opened the case to find out the Rev number (it's a v2.3 of 4
possibles) on that sub PCB.

To replace it when the part comes, I have to (according to the youtube vids)
pop various flat ribbon cable connectors off.

Anyone done this and anything to watch out for? Same for replacing the
ribbon connectors?

Vid suggests the pop off with a plectum like tool (I have this).

Looks too easy!! :-o I'm sure there are some wise words worth asking for
first I can see a million things going wrong...

The usual style for thin small rinbbons, is a socket with a a plastic
part which pushes down to wards the PCB. The plastic part applies
pressure to both clamp it and put pressure agaist the ribbon, so as to
make contact.

So to release them, you hook a finger nail under the plastic clamp and
tug it away from the PCB, the ribbon should then be copletely free.

--
Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)