Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Parkside router.

In article ,
Scott M wrote:
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
... and a sort of combination drill and cutter. Both of which have
3/16th shanks. Or could be 4.71mm. ;-) I've just broken the drill
thingie, and the router type bit is getting blunt. But where to get
spares?

Does the cutting shank part of it look like a Rippa end mill? ie like an
ordinary helix end mill with chip breakers on the teeth? Aldi & Lidl
are always selling little sets of these things which might be
imperially sized.

(Ah, found a picture, the gold coloured bits is what I'm thinking of:

http://i913.photobucket.com/albums/a...e/IMAG0435.jpg )

No - I'd call those rotary files. There are two bits that came with it -
one is a conventional router bit, the other a strange looking almost twist
drill - which is designed to cut sideways too. Probably tungsten by the
way it snapped - but wasn't blunt.

--
*I'm not being rude. You're just insignificant

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.