Posted to alt.home.repair

Default I may attempt to murder a gopher ... I just might stoop to that level (so help me God)

On Sat, 30 Nov 2013 08:16:26 -0500, Stormin Mormon
wrote:

On 11/29/2013 10:36 PM, Dan Espen wrote:
bob haller writes:

use a live trap and relocate whatever is bothering you.

but seriously how bad are some chipmunk holes?

Looked like a chipmunk to me too, but maybe more pictures
or observation would help.

I've got quite a few chipmunks, and sometimes they are a problem.
I had one get under the area my garden hose hangs and
the ground collapsed.

Then I had a city right by the front door that the postman
kept sinking into.

I mostly block the entrances so they go somewhere else.

My guests really like watching them scamper around at
barbecues. So, I say live with them but deal with digging
where you don't want it.

1) Trap and move is ineffective. My Dad did that
with squirrels in the bird feeder. He concluded
it was like trying to make a hole in the ocean
by dipping on one side of the boat, and pour onto
the other.

Squirrels are evil.

2) Shooting the squirrel in your bird feeder is
ineffective. My Dad's friend Vic (world war two
vet) shot the squirrel in his feeder. Another one
arrived the next day. he gave up after having shot
300 squirrels.

Squirrels are evil. He stopped about 10,000 short.

3) Chipmunks are cute, but I've known them to do
incredible damage.

I've never known them to do "incredible" damage. I've never bothered
them. I'd never be allowed to.

Try feeding them fruit dipped in auto antifreeze, see if that helps.

That is just animal cruelty. Shoot them if you need to. Trap them if
necessary. Poisoning them with antifreeze is horrible. I'm surprised
you came up with that one, Mormon.

The RKBA ain't about duck hunting, or deer hunting.
It's about politicians and rodents, who are often
indistinguishable.

If you'd said, "snakes", I'd agree. Politicians aren't cute.