Posted to rec.antiques.radio+phono,rec.audio.pro,sci.electronics.repair
Trevor[_3_] Trevor[_3_] is offline

Default beware of the updates you install

"dave" wrote in message
m...
On 11/28/2013 07:17 PM, Trevor wrote:
"dave" wrote in message
m...
You do need to do a little digging, which is where Linux really shines;
nobody offers you a solution upon receipt of payment.

So you criticise Windows for needing support, but praise Linux for the
same
reason? The on-line user base for both OS is equally helpful IME.

Not at all. I criticize Windows for charging money for what others give
for free.

Fair enough since you obviously work for nothing and therfore can't possibly
pay for an OS right?

BTW: The Windows bundled with a new consumer PC is usually paid for by the
adware included with the OS bundle.

Rubbish, Micosoft CHARGES them/the buyer for the OS. Scumware is just a way
the hardware manufacturer makes a bit more profit, and most people remove it
anyway.

PC makers include Windows because Microsoft used monopolistic methods to
crush any competition.

What monopoly, YOU said Linux is a viable competitor didn't you? I believe
Apple also thinks they are :-)

I'd be fine if they charged a reasonable fee, but over $200 is excessive
in light of what others charge for theirs, which I believe is zero.

Since you can buy a laptop with Windows for $300, are you really supid
enough to think you are paying $200 of that for Windows, and also stupid
enough to suggest that is already paid for by scumware in the very same
post! So if it's paid for by scumware, you are getting it for free and
should be happy! :-)

Trevor.