Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default It never rains but it pours - malicious inanimate objects

On Friday 29 November 2013 23:02 SteveW wrote in uk.d-i-y:

I am currently in the middle of re-doing our bathroom. Tomorrow the bath
and its waste pipe are due to come out. This morning I was having a
shower, only for my wife to shout that water was coming through the
ceiling. Normally I'd have stopped showering and investigated, but my
current contract is ending and I was due at an interview for another
company at 08:00, so had no choice but to finish off.

Got back at lunchtime to find a chunk of the hall ceiling on the floor
and chunks of plasterboard falling off every few minutes.

After 18 years in the house, a joint in the middle of the waste pipe
that has been there longer than that has slipped off the day before it
was due to be ripped out.

I presume it was disturbed by the other work - or maybe it was a
pre-emptive strike.

SteveW

Oh man - what a bitch!