Posted to rec.antiques.radio+phono,rec.audio.pro,sci.electronics.repair
dave dave is offline

Default beware of the updates you install

On 11/28/2013 07:17 PM, Trevor wrote:
"dave" wrote in message
m...
You do need to do a little digging, which is where Linux really shines;
nobody offers you a solution upon receipt of payment.

So you criticise Windows for needing support, but praise Linux for the same
reason?
The on-line user base for both OS is equally helpful IME.

Trevor.

Not at all. I criticize Windows for charging money for what others give
for free.

BTW: The Windows bundled with a new consumer PC is usually paid for by
the adware included with the OS bundle. PC makers include Windows
because Microsoft used monopolistic methods to crush any competition.

I'd be fine if they charged a reasonable fee, but over $200 is excessive
in light of what others charge for theirs, which I believe is zero.