Posted to rec.antiques.radio+phono,rec.audio.pro,sci.electronics.repair
tuinkabouter tuinkabouter is offline

Default beware of the updates you install

On 11/28/2013 2:09 PM, dave wrote:
On 11/28/2013 12:28 AM, Trevor wrote:
"dave" wrote in message
m...
I don't fear Windows, I refuse to pay for an operating system,

Hard to get a laptop these days without Windows already included
whether you
use it or not.

Hard but not impossible, however I have no use for another notebook. The
fact that manufacturers include it free says something.

But hey if you also refuse to pay for the hardware, your problems are
solved! :-)

But hey are you suggesting I'm a thief?

The Kernel has thousands of drivers already installed.

And more thousands not installed. Just as with Windows.

Please name a consumer device (other than Apple) that you would like to use
with Linux that had a driver issue. I have found Linux to be way more
plug-and-play than Windows,

try:
https://www.thinkpenguin.com/catalog...rs-gnu-linux-2