Posted to rec.woodworking
Bill[_47_] Bill[_47_] is offline

Default 2002 Unisaw

wrote:
On Wed, 27 Nov 2013 20:48:47 -0500, Bill

You'll use the inserts. You'll probably want to buy more, if you do a
lot of dado cuts. Did I mention that Forrest makes a nice dado set?
;-)

I already bought a Freud dado set, with Rockler's 20% off coupon a few
months ago--anticipating that I would one day own a saw. What I need is
a suitable 230W adapter/plug-inlet for the wall. The one I already
purchased doesn't fit the horizontally-slotted plug. That's the sort of
problem you may run into with anticipatory purchases...

I replaced the cord on mine to fit the outlet I installed. I don't
even remember that it came with a plug, though.

I really like my JessEm miter gauge (JessEm makes great stuff). The
Incra 1000HD is really nice, too, though not as solid.

Amazon had the Incra 1000HD on sale for about $110 during last Christmas
season. I'll let you know if I see it.
If you doubt me, check camelcamelcamel.com (I haven't checked, I may be
off by a few dollars).

I don't doubt you. I've seen Incra stuff pretty deeply discounted.

I double checked, it was $119.99 last year. At this point, just trying
to walk around my garage/shop is "an accident waiting to happen". I
need to flip the saw around, put it on it's proper stand, and put it
where it needs to go,etc.

Towards that goal, I noticed that Menards has this miter saw stand on
sale tomorrow for $29.99:
http://www.menards.com/main/see-more...74-c-13916.htm