Posted to rec.antiques.radio+phono,rec.audio.pro,sci.electronics.repair
dave dave is offline

Default beware of the updates you install

On 11/28/2013 07:19 AM, John Williamson wrote:
On 28/11/2013 14:59, dave wrote:
Stuff not working under Linux
A camera? A smart-card reader? did you lsusb them to get chipset
information? There are several packages in the Ubuntu world for handling
RAW files.

But not, as far as I can tell, the ones generated by this particular
camera. Fuji have recently changed their RAW file format.

http://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-a.../msg94052.html

My Zoom R24 doesn't appear to be covered.

You do need to do a little digging, which is where Linux really shines;
nobody offers you a solution upon receipt of payment. It's all for the
love of the medium. The open source world is dripping wet with good
karma.

And the Windows world is full of stuff that "just works". I like this
idea, it frees me up to actually do stuff rather than fight the computer.

http://www.camerahacker.com/Digital/..._example.shtml

http://www.softpedia.com/reviews/lin...ew-49016.shtml