Posted to rec.antiques.radio+phono,rec.audio.pro,sci.electronics.repair
dave dave is offline

Default beware of the updates you install

On 11/28/2013 05:50 AM, John Williamson wrote:
On 28/11/2013 13:09, dave wrote:
On 11/28/2013 12:28 AM, Trevor wrote:
"dave" wrote in message
The Kernel has thousands of drivers already installed.

And more thousands not installed. Just as with Windows.

Please name a consumer device (other than Apple) that you would like
to use
with Linux that had a driver issue. I have found Linux to be way more
plug-and-play than Windows,

You seem to have ignored the list I posted earlier.....

A camera? A smart-card reader? did you lsusb them to get chipset
information? There are several packages in the Ubuntu world for handling
RAW files.

http://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-a.../msg94052.html

You do need to do a little digging, which is where Linux really shines;
nobody offers you a solution upon receipt of payment. It's all for the
love of the medium. The open source world is dripping wet with good karma.