Posted to rec.antiques.radio+phono,rec.audio.pro,sci.electronics.repair

Default beware of the updates you install

While we're talking about computers, operating systems, and Al...

Have you seen the commercial for the iPad Air? It appears Microsoft has
finally forced Apple into defensive advertising. The ad talks about all the
things you can actually /do/ on an iPad -- a machine without a useful keyboard
or pointing device * -- "start a poem, finish a symphony". ** Apple has always
been more about image than what you can actually do with their products.

* I've used an iPad once. Bleh. Touchscreens don't work as easily as we are
led to believe. There is a learning curve. (The touchpad on my notebook, and
the gestural input for my graphics tablet, are comparably not-easy.)

** That particular part of the commercial parodies a famous Irving Penn
photograph.

https://www.google.com/search?q=irvi...620&bih=106 0