Posted to rec.antiques.radio+phono,rec.audio.pro,sci.electronics.repair
conklin conklin is offline

Default beware of the updates you install

"Jason" wrote in message
On Sat, 23 Nov 2013 04:43:24 -0500 "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote in article KrCdnXhYy-

Les Cargill wrote:

I used to have to do the annual reinstall to clean up
the registry.

If you use the right tools to uninstall crap programs, you don't have
problems with the registry. Revo Uninstaller lets you use the program's
built in uninstaller, then will clean the remainder of the registry
entries and leftover folders. Prior to this, I edited the registry by
hand. The pro version is supposed to clean ot trash left from sloppy
uninstalls.

http://www.revouninstaller.com/revo_uninstaller_free_download.html

I endorse Revo, too. You have to be a little careful about its registry
cleanup if you choose the more "aggressive" post-uninstall scanning
options; it can propose to delete stuff that shouldn't be. For instance,
I have an Adobe CC subscription and created a CC folder. If I uninstall
an app and let Revo do it's aggressive thing, it'll try to zap entries to
other CC apps. It does warn you that the folder contains other apps, but
picking your way through all the possibilities is hopeless.

On a simpler note, the new IE update (11) is not recognized by the server at
work, which seems to call it a non-standard browser. It also does not work
well with dlink cameras. I have had to resort to using a IE 8 version
running on XP to make the softwre work where I want it too. IE 11 has
problems with other programs too. Java runtime seems to be banned by IE11.
You can download it, and it IE still won't recognize it.