Posted to rec.woodworking
Bill[_47_] Bill[_47_] is offline

Default 2002 Unisaw

wrote:
On Wed, 27 Nov 2013 19:33:43 -0500, Bill
wrote:

Bill wrote:
I was looking at parts diagram for a 2002 Unisaw. snip

It just takes one other person to makes an auction difficult, and he
was there (he probably thinking the same thing)! We had to go from $500
to $1050 before I convinced this person I was pretty serious about
getting a saw! And that's the dollar amount I payed--$1050+10% +7%
(sales tax), in case anyone is curious. I felt like I didn't want to do
any more saw shopping--and this one was only about 5 miles from home--so
I thought beforehand that it wasn't going to get any easier. I met a
kind person who helped me get the saw home on his trailer--I had talked
with him for 10 or 15 minutes before they got to auctioning the
machinery. While I was collecting parts in a plastic garbage bag that I
brought with me for the occasion, he asked me if I needed any help
moving the saw. And I said yes, please. And he said, where's your truck.
And I said, I don't have a truck. Can we put in in yours?--I said I
live close by and I will be glad to give you $100 to help me. His
trailer featured a hand-powered winch-which was handy pulling it up and
letting it down some improvised ramps. He did a lot of work though,
securing the saw. He got he out of a "tough jam". I thanked him and
tried to hand him $100, buy him a tank or two of gas, etc. but he would
only take $5 for gas. A nice guy who made a real difference, like many
of you folks.

Sounds like a really nice guy. Do you have his name/address? You
might try sending him something for the holidays (something a little
nicer than a fruitcake ;-), with a note thanking him again.

Yes, you don't need to tell me that. Who doesn't like fruitcake?

You'll love the saw. Now you need a good miter gauge (the Delta
sucks) and a few Forrest blades. ;-)

I'm glad because I don't have a miter guage. The saw guard, with it's
splitter, and 3 insert plates (in all) were found before the sale.
Also got an extra mobile stand out of the deal! What can I buy for it,
Mike M.? : )