Posted to alt.home.repair
TimR[_2_] TimR[_2_] is offline

Default How does the typical mains power connect in the USA anyway?

On Wednesday, November 27, 2013 10:12:35 AM UTC-5, Ed wrote:
On 11/27/2013 09:06 AM, TimR wrote:

I asked the question about a multiple tap transformer because I don't understand the details about how a part of a circuit gets "out of phase."

It is not two phase, it is a single phase sin wave.

I think perhaps you did not read for comprehension.

I did not say it is two phase. I don't believe it is two phase. But clearly there is a phase relationship between part of the wire and another part, in that ON THE SAME WIRE some part of it is 180 degrees out of phase with another.