Posted to rec.antiques.radio+phono,rec.audio.pro,sci.electronics.repair
Frank Stearns Frank Stearns is offline

Default beware of the updates you install

"Neil Gould" writes:

snips

Those programs are not for technical writing or publishing. Even Adobe keeps
FrameMaker alive and well because it is the only surviving alternative to
Ventura for that purpose. For my active clients, I only use FrameMaker
because it has kept abreast of the rather significant changes to the
publishing industry since the last update of Ventura.

Hi Neil -

Wow! Someone who has heard of FM!! I've been using it in my other day jobs of
technical writer and plug-in writer since FM 2.1 in late 80s/early 90s. I was on
Frame Technology's Customer Advisory Board (pre-Adobe) when it was active in the
early 1990s. (Cisco Systems actually gave me their board seat -- that's another long
story best told some other time.)

Adobe moved FM development to India a few years back. They've been doing a pretty
good job, though there have been some missteps. Generally, though, things are
better, with regular releases coming along for the foreseeable future. And, the new
guys have been reasonably responsive with fixes.

Frank
Mobile Audio