Posted to alt.home.repair
Danny D'Amico[_2_] Danny D'Amico[_2_] is offline

Default How does the typical mains power connect in the USA anyway?

On Tue, 26 Nov 2013 07:11:01 -0800, wrote:

If you post that same verbage from "How stuff works", one more time,
we're all going to throw up.

At least I posted a reference.

Now, if that reference is "fatally flawed", then the dozen sites
that repeated it *should* have vetted the information more fully.

Still, at least I posted a reference that directly discussed the
issue, which is more than those with the opposing view provided.

Note: The 10-page PDF on ground distribution was complex, and,
after reading all ten pages, never *directly* discussed the issue,
although I'm sure I'll be reamed for stating that since the *entire*
paper was all about grounding paths (but very technical).

As a (retired) accountant, we never covered *this* stuff in college
way back when.