Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default Plan ahead

On 11/26/2013 8:08 PM, Gramps' shop wrote:
Thanks for the feedback. Leon is correct ... I needed each "slice" to be perfectly flat to facilitate the subsequent glue-up. I thought about two runs through the TS, but even with a stop block I wasn't confident of a perfect cut. I have always been under the impression that running a piece under 12 inches in length thru the planer is asking for trouble and I an not real comfortable running a 5 inch piece over the jointer.

On the other side of the coin, my wife says my daughter will be thrilled with the candlestick.

Larry

The result was great anyway.