Posted to rec.woodworking
Bill[_47_] Bill[_47_] is offline

Default 2002 Unisaw

Mike Marlow wrote:
Bill wrote:
Swingman wrote:
On 11/26/2013 11:43 AM, Mike Marlow wrote:
Swingman wrote:

Since I don't use the blade guard, but I do use the splitter, I
cut the kickback pawls off the splitter and made it short enough
that I can leave it on for sled crosscuts, which is about 95% of
crosscutting I do in the shop.
No redirect

https://picasaweb.google.com/1113554...67454187233 8

Karl - how deep is your sled (front to back)? I'm thinking of a
sled as I
get older and wiser and have been mulling over just how deep to
build one.
I have a few of various sizes. The one in the photo I use the most
and will cut a 13" wide panel, so it is about 13 1/4" deep.

Look at the splitter on the 2002 (look towards the bottom of the pdf).
Was it a new innovation at the time?

http://web.newsguy.com/MySite/Splitter.pdf

Not a new innovation at all (even at the time) Bill - in fact, quite the
opposite. But a splitter is different than what I asked Karl about in the
above referenced quote. Perhaps you confused an earlier post from Karl
about splitters.

Sorry, I put it under the link he posted. I was not meaning to tromp on
your conversation.