Posted to rec.woodworking
Mike M Mike M is offline

Default 2002 Unisaw

On Tue, 26 Nov 2013 08:23:12 -0600, Swingman wrote:

On 11/25/2013 9:05 PM, Bill wrote:
Based on the date (2002), I think it's Model 36-841.

Yep, that shows a different splitter than mine. Mine is a one knob
affair that goes off and on in less than ten seconds.

Since I don't use the blade guard, but I do use the splitter, I cut the
kickback pawls off the splitter and made it short enough that I can
leave it on for sled crosscuts, which is about 95% of crosscutting I do
in the shop.

https://picasaweb.google.com/1113554...16674541872338

And it still provides ample kickback protection for rip cuts.

I've got a late 90's Unisaw with the the Besemeyer fence and overhead
guard with the same splitter. Looking at the manual for the overhead
guard it looks like the splitter and the thumb nut set up are
available parts that came with the overhead guard.

Mike M