Posted to rec.antiques.radio+phono,rec.audio.pro,sci.electronics.repair
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

Default beware of the updates you install

William Sommerwerck wrote:
"dave" wrote in message
om...

The fastest computers on the planet run Linux. It is the most popular
OS on the planet (or soon will be). If there is a task there is an
application for it.

In all seriousness... Is there a Linux DTP even remotely comparable to
Ventura? I ask, because I anticipate doing a series of user manuals, and they
will be done in Ventura.

Is Ventura Publisher still actually made? I haven't heard of that in years.

I think these days the big kings are Quark (which seems to be on the way
out) and the Adobe Creative Suite. A lot of folks still seem to want Quark
files.

That said, pretty much all my experience with this stuff is with CD booklets
and LP covers, which may not be typical of the rest of the industry.
--scott