Posted to rec.woodworking
Bill[_31_] Bill[_31_] is offline

Default 2002 Unisaw

On 11/26/2013 9:23 AM, Swingman wrote:
On 11/25/2013 9:05 PM, Bill wrote:
Based on the date (2002), I think it's Model 36-841.

Yep, that shows a different splitter than mine. Mine is a one knob
affair that goes off and on in less than ten seconds.

Since I don't use the blade guard, but I do use the splitter, I cut the
kickback pawls off the splitter and made it short enough that I can
leave it on for sled crosscuts, which is about 95% of crosscutting I do
in the shop.

https://picasaweb.google.com/1113554...16674541872338

And it still provides ample kickback protection for rip cuts.

Thanks for the pic. I will look closer next time I see the saw. I will
bring a small flashlight too! : )