Posted to uk.d-i-y
Lobster Lobster is offline

Default screwing plasterboard with zinc plated screws

fred grunted in
:

On Monday, November 25, 2013 3:30:39 PM UTC, Weatherlawyer wrote:
On Monday, 25 November 2013 15:22:24 UTC, newshound wrote:

On 25/11/2013 15:15, RobertL wrote:

Is there anything wrong with zinc plate screws?

I plan to have the board skimmed.

I just fixed up a load of plasterboard (onto studs) using
ordinary zinc plated screws. Now I see there are special black
'plasterboard' screws with some fancy coating.

As long as they're not plain steel which will rust if over painted
with emulsion or any water based paint

Screws or nails; either way they are usually skimmed over before painting -
I'd assumed it was the wet plaster which was the risky element, ie so you
might get a brown stained circle on the ceiling over the steel screw head
if the plaster layer was thin enough, and which in turn would get through a
layer of emulsion?

--
David