Posted to alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.repair,alt.security.alarms
Danny D'Amico[_2_] Danny D'Amico[_2_] is offline

Default Alarm system transformer + power supply (would both go bad atonce?)

On Mon, 25 Nov 2013 21:02:38 -0500, tm wrote:

You should peel off the double sided tape on the LV Disconnect board and see
if any track has been damaged.

Thanks for that advice. The sticky tape was covering the traces:
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7345/1...7bb08f86_o.gif

So, following your advice, I peeled it mostly off, and looked with a
magnifying glass as you had suggested:
http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5474/1...1b250d61_o.gif

The 1,000uF 35V capacitor leads are burnt a bit, but, it could have been a
replacement cap for all I know, as the cap is not shorted nor is it an open
(it's about 350 ohms steady).
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7450/1...5e7abf80_o.gif

However, the fact is that this sequence shows *something* is wrong with
that D135A battery-protection board:

1. The battery is 13.31V
http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3780/1...16f7c34e_o.gif

2. Connecting this way is 13.31V: