Jim Wilson

Default Flat Out Flat - Possible?

Conan The Librarian wrote...

So what smoother did you use on the project?

It's a Knight infill, mostly. It started life as a reject infill plane
body, when I was doing the metalwork for Steve Knight's infills. This one
had two mislocated holes on one side -- how did they get there?! (G) --
so I made it a user.

Steve did the initial shaping on the bed and toe piece from a pretty
little piece of claro walnut. I eventually got a round TUIT, plugged and
redrilled the bad holes and finished the plane. It took some fettling,
but made a fine smoother in the end.

Beautiful work on that door, Jim.

Thanks. It was an edifying project for me. I'll be starting on its
sister, the garage side entrance, in a few weeks. Bad timing on this
one, though. Right now, he wood is in the driveway soaking up our
unusually high humidity of late. :-(

And thanks for the offer.

No sweat. One of the most interesting things about our hobby is
"discovering" a new species.

Cheers!

Jim