Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default CAD for simple 3-D metal & wood projects?

On 11/23/2013 6:13 PM, wrote:
On Sat, 23 Nov 2013 15:17:28 -0600, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet
http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb1121...7630857421932/

Hi Leon. Got a question about Mary's bookcase. I can't tell from the
pictures presented. In the back of the bookcase, I see you've put in
columns in the centre of the shelving.

Are they inset into the shelving or is the shelving have a space
behind it the full length of the shelving?

Hope I made my question clear.

The back of the cabinets have face frames also. The back face frames
however are assembled with lap joints that join with the rabbets on the
inside edges. The center back stiles are part of the back face frame
and it too has rabbets. The rabbets are 1/2" deep and 1/2" wide. The
back panels fit in to the rabbets from the back side.

Soooooo the shelves have a straight back edge that butts up against the
outer and center stiles of the back face frames and there is a 1/2" gap
between the panels and the back edge of the shelves.

Clear as mud? LOL

If you are using Sketchup I can send you a drawing for to look at more
closely.