Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking

Default CAD for simple 3-D metal & wood projects?

Gunner Asch wrote:

Ayup...aerospace requires 50 millions or half 10ths all the time.

Which is damned hard to do with machines that hold +/- 2 tenths

One might think it is impossible to do with repeatability and assurance.

So - I am curious - what is it that aerospace requires that is 50
"millions"? I worked in that space for a while and I never saw any
tolerances like that - but that does not say much. I believe that even the
space shuttle does not demand tolerances that close - but I really do not
know.

--

-Mike-