Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking

Default CAD for simple 3-D metal & wood projects?

Gunner Asch on Sat, 23 Nov 2013 10:47:05 -0800

What is Sketchup Pro 2013? Versus Sketchup Make?

If you can visualize the part you want to make, a pencil is all you
need to capture it. The designers of this didn't need no stinkin CAD:
http://www.paradoxplace.com/Photo%20...0Cathedral.htm

You don't need CAD to make an original drawing.

But CAD sure comes in handy when you are attempting to make
revisions to that drawing.

If you can't create it in your head then CAD won't help you. It
doesn't recognise your conceptual errors. I've embarrassed a few
engineers by pointing out why I couldn't make what they had drawn.

http://www.reocities.com/omegaman_uk...t/PERCEPT2.gif

Somewhere I have the storage crate design for that ...

--
pyotr filipivich