Posted to rec.audio.pro,sci.electronics.repair
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

Default beware of the updates you install

Les Cargill wrote:

Then it was done to clean up whatever. All I know is that unless I
rebuilt the machine once a year, it would degrade slowly in performance.

I don't really know very much about Windows systems. Part of the problem
with Windows systems is that you can't see inside the box, so conventional
diagnostics become impossible. This means most diagnosis is performed by
having a matrix of individual symptoms and solutions in your head, or on
google. People who work on Windows systems day in and day out develop
that.

So, when I have Windows issues, I go to someone whom I know is an expert
and who has a large matrix like that in his head. And when I mentioned
trying to help someone with a problem, he said the following:

"If you don't know what is going on, tell them that they have registry
corruption. Because they always do, and it sounds good, and for all you
know it might actually have some bearing on the problem."
--scott