Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Alarm system transformer + power supply (would both go bad at once?)

On Saturday, November 23, 2013 1:01:04 AM UTC-5, Nightcrawler® wrote:
wrote in message ...

Good grief. It's charged to 13.5 volts

LOL! I don't think I have ever seen a battery, showing full charge, be

bad. It might not last long, but that is not the issue, here.

Exactly. And even if it is bad, you don't need to buy a new one,
as has been suggested to find out. Danny has a meter. If he hooks
it up and it still measures around 12V and the alarm doesn't power
up, it's *not* the battery. Also, if the alarm is totally screwed,
there is no sense in wasting money on a new battery. A new panel
typically comes with a battery included.