Posted to alt.home.repair
Nightcrawler® Nightcrawler® is offline

Default Alarm system transformer + power supply (would both go bad at once?)

wrote in message ...

Good grief. It's charged to 13.5 volts

LOL! I don't think I have ever seen a battery, showing full charge, be
bad. It might not last long, but that is not the issue, here.

Properly maintained, a gel battery will last for a very long time. The
problem is the charging circuits really don't maintain and tend to die
without notice. You will find this in exit signs with emergency lighting.
Everyone I have ever checked had a dead battery along with a dead charging
board. Yanked and LED replacement installed with better electronics.

Cost more, but it works. Now, convincing the facility maintenance manager
to have them self, or someone, do an annual check on that little test button
on the buggers, instead of waiting for a power failure to clue them in on the
fact that the thing does not work.