Posted to alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.repair

Default Alarm system transformer + power supply (would both go bad at once?)

"Danny D'Amico"
Phil Allison wrote:

** Get a new tranny and a new battery and try them - the battery first.

That makes a lot of sense, since the battery, in and of itself, should
power the system adequately.

I have a new transformer on order, although I belated realized there is a
"limited lifetime warranty" on the ELK-TRG-1640, as described he
http://www.elkproducts.com/product-c...g-and-terminal

** I see no warranty details - all "Lifetime Limited Warranty" means is
that there is a time limit on the warranty.

Also, they claim there is a PTC in series with the secondary to prevent
overload damage.

PTCs self reset once they cool down.

IME a tranny that is well made, moisture sealed and has a PTC in the output
ought to last 10 to 20 years.

..... Phil