nestork nestork is offline
Senior Member

This web site won't let me post anything longer than about a dozen lines or so, so I'm going to break this post up into multiple posts...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny D'Amico[_2_] View Post
For example, the ground and the neutral, in my house, are connected
together in the main panel, but not in the sub panels.
Correct. That's a requirement of the electrical code, but why that is, I can't say that I fully understand. All of the neutral wires connect to the neutral buss in the main panel, and that neutral buss gets connected to ground, whether it be a plumbing pipe or a ground rod pounded into the ground outside your house.