Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking
Swingman Swingman is offline

Default CAD for simple 3-D metal & wood projects?

On 11/21/2013 2:04 PM, Steve W. wrote:

I use it a LOT. How precise it is depends entirely on the user. There
are tons of add-ons and scripts that can make it much more powerful.

Yeah buddy.

Having a strong background in CAD, I first starting using SketchUp about
eight years ago, and shortly thereafter built a $350k construction
budget residence, using it to provide the framing plan and all
permitting, bidding and construction documents (in conjunction with
Layout), I quickly became a believer in the programs power and versatility.

At that time not a single architect I worked with had heard of the
program. Things have changed, and folks like this architect have taken
SketchUp to a new level, architecturally speaking:

https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...rchitect&sm=12

AAMOF, I'm currently actively advising an architect on use of the
program, as well as Layout, as we speak, which is poetic justice ... as
it is damned hard for a General Contractor/Builder to teach an architect
anything.

--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net