Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking
Richard[_9_] Richard[_9_] is offline

Default CAD for simple 3-D metal & wood projects?

On 11/21/2013 1:34 PM, Leon wrote:
On 11/21/2013 11:22 AM, Richard wrote:
On 11/21/2013 8:25 AM, Swingman wrote:
I'm saying all this from the perspective of a (past)_heavy_ user of
both
Sketchup and several true 3D CADs. It doesn't sound to me like you have
extensive experience with either genre.

Oh, no more than a few million dollar homes, dozens of kitchens, and
countless remodels, hundreds of cabinets and furniture projects, all
using SU to good effect for _accurate_ shop drawings, design, including
construction documents for permitting, bid and build, four shared
collections on 3D Warehouse, with over 40 separate models of furniture
and cabinetry.

Many, but not nearly all can be seen below ... .. let your fingers do
the walking.

Now, can you show us yours?

BTW, you apparently are the ignorant one regarding "precision".

SketchUp actually has the same internal precision as AutoCad, 1/1000th
of an inch.

Look it up ...

1/1000th inch? Is that all???

LOL
I'm a stickler for precision, but WTF do you need better tolerances than
1/1000 inch when woodworking? :~)

I don't use Design CAD for woodworking only.

microns, angstroms, etc?