Posted to uk.d-i-y
chris French chris French is offline

Default Wifi TRVs

In message o.uk, Dave
Liquorice writes
On Tue, 19 Nov 2013 21:20:32 +0000, chris French wrote:

Our house is Victorian, with lots of nice Victorian cornices , skirting
etc. a listed building in a conservation area.

Grade 1 or 2? Conservation area is bad enough, listed ...

:-)

Grade 2. It's ok, we knew what we were getting into when we bought it
:-) And our LA conservation people seem ok. Though we've not wanted to
to do anything outrageous. The only restriction we've really had was on
the style of the replacement conservatory Though they were happy for us
to pull down the old rotting, literally falling down one and replace it
with a nice new double glazed one.

Bear in mind that you only really need to insulate external walls.
That may mean only one or two walls per room internally. It's still
disruptive but possibly not as bad as you think.

It's not so much the disruption that puts me off - I would wait until
rooms are re-decorated anyway. it's the nice ceiling cornices and other
features. Not insurmountable, but adds to the cost and complexity of the
job. And two of the key rooms have 3 external walls

I have done the bathroom wall though as I've been refitting that.

--
Chris French