Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default New Sewing Room Project

On 11/19/2013 2:06 PM, Sonny wrote:
Leon, maybe this item may be of interest: Even with my much less glamorous sewing table (extension), I quickly noticed a problem with it: the 90 degree corners would catch the fabric, as I would sew.

I initially made a left side extension table (you can see it at the top of the pic; the sewing machine is to the right, out of the picture - http://www.flickr.com/photos/43836144@N04/10949570714/), but found I needed an additional "leaf", just to the left of my chair, as I sat sewing. I ended up cutting the corners off the leaf, because they repeatedly caught and held the fabric, as I would sew. I'm sure a rounded corner would have worked, also.

Maybe question your wife as to her possibly having a similar issue with a previous sharp cornered table, if you and she haven't already considered/discussed a similar past issue, as this.... *Take care of a possible problem-issue before it shows itself.

Sonny

Well thanks for thinking about me Sonny. For the current cabinets I
used a 1/8" round over bit for the tops. That said the fabric will
never really come in contact with the cabinets. The fabtic is would up
on 11' poles.

Something like this except with out the table and legs portion. I am
building the cabinets for that purpose.

http://www.handiquilter.com/shop/pro...-studio-frame/

I will however be adding an 8' sewing table, phase II, for both her
normal and embroidery machines. And there will also be a large wall
cabinet, phase III.