Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Wifi TRVs

On Tuesday 19 November 2013 06:34 harryagain wrote in uk.d-i-y:

"Jon Connell" wrote in message
So reading into these wifi thermostat things, I learned that some of them
can also control wireless TRVs to more precisely regulate the temperature
of individual rooms according to a schedule.

Our house has two heating zones as a result of the house basically being
in two halves and having an oil boiler heating each half. But that still
leaves plenty of scope for having rooms having their own schedules. Our
oil bills are high enough that I think something as costly as a load of
wireless TRVs could be worth the effort.

Does anyone have this working and if you do, what devices did you choose?

So what's the point of such an expensive device?
Is there a heat sensor in each room?

Money could probably be spent elsewhere to greater benefit.

Maybe he wants the comfort and convenience...