Edwin Pawlowski

Default Titebond III Does not Perform

"Leon" wrote in message

You are totally missing the point here. TB3 claims "Water Proof" TB2
claims merely weather resistant. A reasonable person would expect TB3 to
out perform TB2 when water is introduced in the equation. As the test
indicates, TB2 holds up better than TB3 in water testing.

Based on a test that should not have been done in the manner it was. If
you get past the marketing hype, I wonder if the results would be
different under more realistic conditions. If they were both given a spray
of water similar to rainfall, followed by sunshine, then some morning dew,
etc. .

How many samples were tested? If could also be an anomaly if only one test
piece was done. If the results were the same in repeated testing I'd be
far more concerned. They also state that the same board was used in the
testing. We all know that wood can vary quite a bit over a few feet of
length. Could be a factor if only one sample was done and each type was
from a different section of the wood. .

There is no doubt the poly glues performed much better under the conditions
and I'd expect them to do so. I have to imagine that Franklin would have
done some testing to establish that TB3 is stronger than TB2 under normal
conditions or real use. FWIW, Franklin specs state that the TB2 meets the
Type II specs while the TB3 meets Type I specs.