Posted to rec.woodworking

Default 12 volt lithium battery drill/impact driver- recommendations?

Leon wrote:

I'll have to say that I have never seen a "full sized" Li-ion battery
then, although the 15.4v 3.0 amp Li-ion battery on my Festool drill
is at least double the size of the 18 v Li-ion on my Bosch impact.
Both are feather weights compares to the 12 v Makita 2.6 amp Ni Metal

Sorry Leon - perhaps a matter of terminology. My drill came with the half
sized LiON batteries. I think they were around 1.sumptin amps. I got them
upgraded for free under warranty to the 3.sumptin amp batteries. The little
ones were lighter but they sucked. The bigger ones don't seem to be that
much different from the other battery technologies. Maybe I just don't feel
it, but that's how it seems to me.

--

-Mike-